Pacific Northwest Mennonite Historical Society’s Annual Meeting and program was Saturday, January 19, at Zion Mennonite Church. Guest speaker and Oregon native, Jessie Gingrich Hostetler from Portland Mennonite Church, shared her experiences as an MCC volunteer in Vietnam (1966-68) which included being caught-up in the TET offensive, a turning point in the Vietnam War. She also talked about her ongoing family relationship with that country. For some of us this war was lived experience, for others distant history. Come hear Jessie’s inspiring story of God’s love and protection and the value of service, particularly during formative years.
Recent Blog Posts
- Women Talking by Miriam Toews
- Harry T. Burleigh; from the Spiritual to Harlem Renaissance, by Jean E. Snyder
- What Does it Mean to be Anabaptist in 2019?
- The Great Reckoning: Surviving a Christianity That Looks Nothing Like Christ
- The Spirit of Adoption: Writers on Religion, Adoption, Faith, and More