Pacific Northwest Mennonite Historical Society’s Annual Meeting and program was Saturday, January 19, at Zion Mennonite Church. Guest speaker and Oregon native, Jessie Gingrich Hostetler from Portland Mennonite Church, shared her experiences as an MCC volunteer in Vietnam (1966-68) which included being caught-up in the TET offensive, a turning point in the Vietnam War. She also talked about her ongoing family relationship with that country. For some of us this war was lived experience, for others distant history. Come hear Jessie’s inspiring story of God’s love and protection and the value of service, particularly during formative years.
Recent Blog Posts
- John Paul Lederach awarded Niwano Foundation Peace Prize
- Is There a Lesson? European Anabaptist Heritage Documentary with John Ruth
- Hiking Through: One Man’s Journey to Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian Trail by Paul Stutzman
- Flight: Mennonites facing the Soviet Empire in 1929-30
- 2019 Annual Meeting Program